Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE NEW POSTERS  (Read 7830 times)
PhilL
Administrator
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: October 30, 2008, 05:16:33 PM »

I hate to say this but Please Beware of New Posters on this Forum.
We've been getting a lot New people and some are Spammers and other type POS.
We're going to try to remove them as quick as we can, but I'm not in front of a computer all day and Ed won't be around for a while.

So, if you see a First Time Poster or someone you don't know, DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINK.
DO NOT POST TO THEIR THREADS. DO NOT MAKE IT ANY FUN FOR THEM TO HANG AROUND HERE.

You all know we welcome new folks and fresh ideas and these, but some folks idea of fun is a little twisted.
When in doubt give them a wide birth and we'll toss them into the abyss as quick as e can.    

You can have anything You want in Life, as long as you?re willing to pay the Price.
So, figure out what price there is to pay, and Pay It.

busterbones
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 07:39:48 PM »

I have been deleting them everyday, the problem is the visual verification used for registrationon the  forum has been corrupted and while i work on the issue the forum is vulnerable to these bogus members. I can turn the faulty verification back on but that would keep everyone from being able to register. Problem should be fixed shortly. Thanks for your understanding.

Jeremy
PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 02:51:13 AM »

Thanks Jeremy.

Until he does get it fixed please stay sharp, avoid links from posters you don't know, bad things can happen if you click on them. Play it Safe.

You can have anything You want in Life, as long as you?re willing to pay the Price.

Rick Baum

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 07:14:10 PM »

Geeze PhilL... That's a fine welcome aboard.  I thought that the profiling was reserved for the airports.  Has it come down to needing to send a resume and fill out an aplication to be taken seriously? Smiley  just kidding.

If you need verification to NOT delete me... Just mention two names to Ed... and it has to be in this order... Cliff Stamp (let it sink in.  Get a reaction from Ed.  he'll probably grumble a bit)  then mention The Eugene show about three years ago and Rick Baum (he might smile at first, then he'll probably grumble again, maybe even growel a bit) Grin

My resume is as follows...

Started making knives in 1998.  learned everything I knew by books.  Then I ran into Ed.  he took me in like so many others.  He taught me to forge knives the correct way.  I almost attended the ABS school but found Ed first.  That was a close one.  Wink  After getting to know Ed my love for making knives blossomed.  So much so that I applied for a position with Chris Reeve knives as his mfg. manager/gen manager.  I got the job and learned a lot.  Chris and I went our seperate way about 4 months later but it was too late, I had already learned a bunch.  I tell you what... If there are two guys to learn from it's Ed and Chris!  I consider myself Lucky/Blessed/charmed to have the fortune of learning from them both!  Then, I lost my job and have been trying to get back on my feet financially ever since.  I think that the cards are changing for me as I am closing on a new house tomorrow, I have two beautiful boys, a fine horsewoman for a wife, and the best thing is that the new house comes with shop space!  About 600 square feet to be exact.  Now I just need to fill it with the right tools and watch out!

Anyways, I'm not anyone to be feared or hated.  I hope I have convinced you not to delete me or the next guy for that matter.  Do a little investigation first before judgement is passed. Wink

Cheers,
Rick
PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 04:08:41 AM »

Geeze PhilL... That's a fine welcome aboard. 
Anyways, I'm not anyone to be feared or hated.  I hope I have convinced you not to delete me or the next guy for that matter.  Do a little investigation first before judgement is passed. Wink

Cheers,
Rick

Rick, you are welcome as are most new members, but my advice still stands.
Beware New Posters, Do Not Click Links from people you don't know. Ed clicked a link and got hit with some Spywear, had to call in his tech guy to fix it. We don't want anybody else to go through the same hassle.

If anyone felt they were Banned by mistake, Ed and I are not hard to reach to have it lifted.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: