Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 10,000 A.C.  (Read 3401 times)
LORD OF SIPAN
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: July 15, 2008, 06:54:07 PM »

atte :   http://www.walterberrios.com
The valleys of the Gaudy river (it enters Lima and Cove) were the first old zones inhabited by the Peruvians, being points of the spear, daggers axes and other objects executed in stone, and by scientific studies it settles down that they existed of 10.000 to 15.000 years A.C. (before Christ), this stone dagger was found in one of those places, has three edges ahead .mas but photos

[/URL]

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 06:56:51 PM by LORD OF SIPAN » Logged
radicat
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 07:11:15 AM »

Welcome to the forum Lord of Sipan. Walter, I'm so glad you joined us.

I went to your website thinking "Okay, what do we have here?" It turns out that I have seen some of your work (on a forum I believe). Your background in the arts has been an inspiration for the cutlery you make. I like the way you bring nature to steel. I particularly like your handle treatments with the wire wrap. Those are some huge knives with lots of engraving. NICE. Not the fleamarket stuff we see here.

I thought the intros to your websites were appropriate, considering your interest in history. I didn't get enough of the music though. The photos of Machu Picchu in your Flickr album are excellent. I did this Google search to learn more about your work. sharksperu.com "walter berrios" knifemaker  And, I went through the various sites that were in the results. Some I was not able to translate, but that is not a problem. The contact information is easily understood. All very interesting.

I really enjoyed the Flickr album for Lord of Sipan, family & friends. Everyone should check it out. Oops, I saw Walter smiling in one of the photos. He probably relaxes a little when he is creating works of art. One question: Do you use sharks teeth for any of your handles?

http://flickr.com/photos/walterberrios/

Thanks for sharing the artifact dagger with us. If it could tell us what it's seen?  I'm looking forward to more photos.       Welcome again,  Clay           

Edit: The knife the guys are holding up is for display only. LOL

* Berrioshorse453579719_5b24a1cafc_m.jpg (27.25 KB, 240x220 - viewed 300 times.)

* Berriosbig296039610_061b80501d_m.jpg (23.07 KB, 240x151 - viewed 314 times.)

* Berrios309446202_dc6913bf4b_m.jpg (26.1 KB, 240x166 - viewed 300 times.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 07:35:30 AM by radicat » Logged
Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 07:59:35 AM »

Very educational post Walter. I worked on an archelogical site for a couple of summers, Tinchera Cave Site. While we did not get back as early as your example, I was amazed at how simple the first tools of man at this site were made. I had to look pretty close to determine if it was a tool or just a broken rock. We did a lot of experimenting and found that the shape of the tools could not have happened without a plan.

Thanks for sharing and like Clay said, welcome to knifetalkonline.

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
LORD OF SIPAN

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 06:28:51 PM »

Very educational post Walter. I worked on an archelogical site for a couple of summers, Tinchera Cave Site. While we did not get back as early as your example, I was amazed at how simple the first tools of man at this site were made. I had to look pretty close to determine if it was a tool or just a broken rock. We did a lot of experimenting and found that the shape of the tools could not have happened without a plan.

Thanks for sharing and like Clay said, welcome to knifetalkonline.

"los primeros cuchillos de roca son la primera herramienta del poder de los hombres sobre la naturaleza"  
" the first rock knives are the first tool of the power of the men on naturaleza"

atte.     www.walterberrios.com
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 06:37:10 PM by LORD OF SIPAN » Logged
JimmyR

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 08:54:54 PM »

Early tools are always fascinating, thank you for sharing. This is irrelevant, but I noticed that you have the exact same scar on your right thumb that I have on mine. I wonder if that is a common place to get a scar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: