Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Value of 2006 NRA knife of year??  (Read 3698 times)
Grog
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2008, 05:26:18 PM »

Could anyone give me some kind of approximate value for the 2006 Friends of the NRA "knife of the year"?  This was a limited edition of 1100 numbered knives along with a sculpture of a buffalo.  I believe the handle of the knife is made of buffalo horn.  ANY idea of value would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.    

radicat
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 10:03:05 PM »

Welcome to the forum Grog. You'll be glad you joined.

The value of your knife depends on a number of factors. Up front I will say that I am not at this time a member of NRA. Probably (assuming you are not the original owner) a member will have an advantage in getting you some answers as to how much the knife sold for and what it took to get one. You may already know more than I have found.

The most obvious factors will be condition of the knife and how much of the entire original package you have. As a collectible package, knife,stand, with supporting paperwork, the group value is much greater than just the knife by itself.

I have found no mention of price and as far as I can tell there has not, so far, been one in an auction or up for sale otherwise. It appears that most, if not all, were auctioned at Friends of NRA fundraising events across the country. That makes it even more difficult to pin down a value.

I won't be surprised to find out that none of these 1100 knives were sold to the general public. There are just too many NRA members who would deserve one as a gift for their service.

If you place it on eBay let us know. It will be interesting to see how high it will go for. Of course you will set your minimum sale price. If it doesn't sell. Re-list it again.

Maybe this info will be of some help to others to get you an answer. I will keep my eyes open too.
                                                                                                      Clay

http://www.nrafoundation.org/friends/s0620271.asp

NRA Knife of the Year 2006

The popular knife and sculpture series from 2005 is followed by an all-American classic. The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has been handcrafting knives since 1889, and Friends of NRA is proud to include a custom Kodiak Hunter Model as the featured 2006 Knife of the Year. This 11 ounce knife with genuine buffalo horn handle and mirror-polished 6" fixed blade has custom designed grooves and brass guard/butt cap. This limited edition collection of 1,100 knives also includes a two-color black and gold tech print of the NRA seal and "2006 Friends of NRA Knife of the Year" on the blade. Each knife will display a tang stamped number from the factory in this consecutive series.

The accompanying Bison Sculpture was hand-selected and sculpted by Big Sky Carvers. It depicts a bison roaming the western plains resin cast with a custom-fit cutout to showcase the knife below its massive stance. Includes a gold stamp-embossed Friends of NRA patriot on a black felt bottom.

Note: Both available only as a pair.

* NRAs0620271-detail.jpg (64.63 KB, 250x250 - viewed 218 times.)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 11:20:23 PM by radicat » Logged
Grog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 04:04:06 AM »

Thanks Clay.  I'm new to knifes.  The knife appears to be in excellent condition as it was always just displayed with the Buffalo sculpture, which also appears to be in excellent condition.  I don't believe there is any of the original packaging though.  I may decide to go the ebay route and see what it'll fetch, but I think I'll enjoy it for a little while first.
radicat
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 06:46:54 AM »

Keeping the knife is wise. It can only go up in value. Better than money in the bank.

You can go to eBay and set up a search with a good description and when one becomes available they will send you an email. Also, I believe you can do a "wishlist" ?? of what you are looking for and the hundreds of knife purveyors using eBay will do their best to find one and give you a price. I don't know how a person could make that up to the purveyor, other than letting them sell yours too. But really, just how much effort is involved in providing a price? Not much.

Information on Case knife value is sometimes tough to get unless you join one of the Case clubs. I don't join those kind of clubs. They might make me wear a funny looking hat and speak in unknown tongues. Of course, I do that anyway. But, I don't have to pay for it.    Again, welcome to the forum Grog.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: