Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT?S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?  (Read 2919 times)
PhilL
Administrator
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: June 07, 2008, 12:34:40 PM »

Answer, it?s washed out, it lacks Contrast.

Let?s do a 2 minute tutorial to fix it.

1. Open the washed out photo in Photoshop.

2. On your keyboard hit the Command key and the J key (Command + J) to copy the background layer.

3. With the Copy Layer selected in the Layers palette click on Color Burn.

4. If it?s too dark now than just reduce the Opacity until it looks right to you. Command + S

Easy enough?

Another way to Sharpen

I always like to Sharpen an image as the last step.
Here?s another way to Sharpen an image without altering the pixels in the original image.

1. On your keyboard hit the Command key and the J key (Command + J) to copy the  layer.

2. From the Filter menu go to Other > High Pass.

3. In the new window adjust the slider until you get a clear separation of edges. Click Okay.

4. In the Layers palette select Overlay. To compare before and after click on the eye icon next to the Overlay. Command + S layer.

That?s it.

I?ll bet that you?ve got a washed out photo that you could improve with these few steps. Give it a try. It really is just that easy.    

« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 02:10:44 PM by PhilL » Logged

You can have anything You want in Life, as long as you?re willing to pay the Price.
So, figure out what price there is to pay, and Pay It.

K Salonek
Crow Valley Forge

Kevin Salonek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 01:36:36 PM »

MASTER!

My hats off to your skills!

And taking the time to teach us!

Thank You!

Kevin

PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 01:59:59 PM »

With all of the knife making talent on this forum, there is so little I can bring to the table.
I can't make knives at this point in my life, someday I will. All I can share with you is how to show your work in the best light on the web. I've admitted it's mostly selfish on my part. I love looking at knives, photos of knives. I'd rather look at good photos rather than so-so photos. So I try to make the transition as easy as I can for those that care. It really is easy, it's just knowing which button to click. It's not like pounding steel into a knife.

You can have anything You want in Life, as long as you?re willing to pay the Price.
So, figure out what price there is to pay, and Pay It.

Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 07:51:00 PM »

PhilL making knives is easy, your talents take hard work to develop, you did a great job on that photo and then matched it up with one of the other side and made them look like one perfect exposure.

One of my goals is to set up my photo booth so that it is quick and easy to shoot good photos of knives. I have a lot to learn, but it is going to happen this summer.

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
Ebbtide

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 09:28:20 AM »

Well done PhilL.
 Grin

Just say NO to knife abuse.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: