Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: FOWLER FIGHTER STOLEN AT BLADE  (Read 13455 times)
PhilL
Administrator
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: June 04, 2008, 04:02:10 PM »

The poster says it all.

If you see or hear anything please contact Ed Fowler:
eafwb@wyoming.com    

You can have anything You want in Life, as long as you?re willing to pay the Price.
So, figure out what price there is to pay, and Pay It.

Carey Quinn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 04:44:35 PM »

I am speechless.  My condolences Ed.

Carey

Everything you do says something about who and what you are so ALWAYS sign your work with excellence.

You are cordially invited to check out my web site:
http://members.cox.net/seaquin/index.htm Handmade Knives by Carey Quinn
cow42camp46

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 05:13:43 PM »

Ed:   Russ Donoghue here.  I was astounded with the theft when you told me about it at the Show.  A "Wanted Poster"!   Heck of an idea.  Perhaps the lead you mentioned will bare fruit.  Nobody should ever have to go thru a theft incident, especially you Ed.   You're "special" in the Knife Steel World.  A theft from you is a theft from the entire industry.  Hang in there old friend.
K Salonek
Crow Valley Forge

Kevin Salonek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 05:58:37 PM »

Are there any leads?

Security camera tapes?

Any other knives from other tables taken?

PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 06:19:55 PM »

I think Ed said he's had two knives stolen in 30 years, he thinks he's got a pretty good batting average.

I think one stolen is far too many.

If you can think of anything to help spread the word, maybe the harder we make it on the thief.

You can have anything You want in Life, as long as you?re willing to pay the Price.

radicat
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 07:16:44 PM »

This is bad news. Bad news for knife enthusiasts all over the world and bad news for the thief. The thief  made mistakes. First, someone else was involved. Second, their prints were left on one of the other knives. Third, someone saw something. Fourth, they stole from a friend to the entire knife world.

I dedicated a page of my website to the poster until the knife is safely back in Ed's hands. Like Phil said, help spread the word. If everyone in the world knows about this, the added precaution that will be the result will be one more contribution that Ed Fowler would have gladly chosen to make to the knife world.

Wherever she is, her greatness will be evident. She will persevere, as will Ed.
Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 07:32:03 PM »

Like many events the exception stands too prominent. It is the old dog bites man does not make news, but man bites dog will he heard the world over.

In over 30 years of knife shows I have only had two stolen, many times I leave my table unattended and theft would be easy, but it does not happen. This event is a significant exception to the great folks in the world of knives.

Detective Wade Wagnon of the Cobb County Police Department, Precinct 3 is handling the case and he is truly one of the most efficient officers I have ever dealt with. The case is moving along nicely.

I thank you for your kind words and want all to know that I firmly believe the world of knives is absolutely the best place to be that I could have chosen. Good Folks 99.999%
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 07:57:17 PM by Ed Fowler » Logged

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 07:33:25 PM »

I've posted the Wanted Poster on three forums, here, Custom Knives & Gun and BladeForums.
If YOU post on other knife related forums could you please post the Wanted Poster.

A direct link is:

http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL911/465709/14910552/320076285.jpg

Thank you.

Arno

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 05:13:01 AM »

When respect to other?s ownership is decadent, something is wrong?
Cultural sick changes?
Lack of moral references?
Modern times, dark horizons.
Down here we are observing those things day after day?
What kind of future will we have?

Ed, really sorry about that?

?Salut?

Arno

?Those without power cannot defend freedom.?
radicat
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 09:25:26 AM »

Isn't this the same knife with the distinct pattern on the spacer?

* fowlerfighter318249402.jpg (86.36 KB, 601x400 - viewed 404 times.)
Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 01:02:41 PM »

Yes:  It was the only knife that I had photographed for the show, that was only because I used it to demonstrate the development of the sheep horn.
It is absolutely a one of a kind, easy to identify and will stand out in a crowd.
My great thanks to PhilL for developing the wanted poster, he is definitely a good hand!

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
radicat
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 02:11:23 PM »

The Rendezvous knife is similar, but the patterns are each distinctive. I hope everyone commits Phil's images to memory. Especially the spacer pattern. It shows the value of photos as a record.    Clay
Harold Locke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 02:26:32 PM »

Ed,

I am sickened and sadened, by this low life sneak thief. Like someone else said I hope this individual has to pay a thousand times over. It is on of the most beautiful displays I have ever seen of your sheep horn handles.

I will do what I can to watch out for that lady.

Harold Locke
PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 04:25:00 PM »

Isn't this the same knife with the distinct pattern on the spacer?

Clay that's exactly the image I used in the Wanted Poster.
I just punched it up a little in Photoshop, to make it match the other side.

radicat
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 05:07:07 PM »

I thought maybe so. The most important features are quite obvious thanks to your emphasis on them. You did a great job. It helps that you know Ed's knives so well.                                                                                                                                                                                             

I remember a well-known maker losing his entire stock on the way to a show. I came across some photos of the knives a while back. I can't remember the name. I'll try to find it. I'm thinking Gil Hibben.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: