Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Blade Show 08  (Read 2296 times)
Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« on: May 29, 2008, 01:45:52 AM »

Looks like I am ready for this years Blade Show family reunion. I started making knives for the show in November and was able to finish 16 knives in time for the show. Sorry, but did not have time for photos, one of the projects for after the show is to build a photo booth that is ready, easy to use and quick.

I do not figure to sell all of the knives I am taking, one of my personal goals is to take as many knives as possible to a show simply because a show is just that - a show. I could easily sell the knives I am taking to those waiting on our list, but I strongly feel that we have an obligation to those who visit shows to have enough of a display in order that the last man through the door will have knives to visit.

This year I am very proud of each of the knives that will be on my table, each with her own personality and I feel they are done well.

Hope to see as many of you as possible at the show.    

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
K Salonek
Crow Valley Forge
Trade Count: (0)

Kevin Salonek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 05:07:26 PM »

Very slightly sad that we don't get to see pictures of your craft. It is always a pleasure to see pictures of your knives!

What is more important, to sense your enthusiasms for the show, as you share that joy the rest of the year!

Best of luck Ed!

Kevin

Harold Locke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 08:05:41 PM »

Ed,

Wishing a great and sucessful time at the Blade Show.

Harold Locke
PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 12:29:06 AM »

Ed have a wonderful time.
I just can't imagine a bad Blade Show. I remember thinking on my flight home from my first Blade Show in 2001, that if the plane crashed I would die a happy man. People still comment about the idiot grin I walk around knife shows with.

You can have anything You want in Life, as long as you?re willing to pay the Price.
So, figure out what price there is to pay, and Pay It.

RAD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 06:42:49 PM »

Bought my first Fowler .
it was great meeting you Ed.
this will not be my last .
K Salonek
Crow Valley Forge

Kevin Salonek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 09:11:33 PM »

Bought my first Fowler .
it was great meeting you Ed.
this will not be my last .

Congrats on your Fowler!

And welcome to the site!

Pictures?

RAD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 10:09:12 PM »

Been a fan of Ed's for years .
Thanks for the welcome.
Ed Fowler
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 01:51:49 PM »

The show was great, for some reason my body decided to stiffen up for me and I did not get a lot of traveling done at the show.

It was good meeting  you Rad, you picked out a real beauty and I am very pleased you chose to partner up with her. Please do not be afraid to use her, you have a life time guarantee for as long as you and I survive.

I hear that attendance was up significantly from last year and Friday was the best sale day I have ever had at a Blade Show. The best part was the time shared with visitors to the show, I was able to visit with many old friends at my table and met new ones who demonstrated keen interest in the high endurance performance knife through their questions and comments.

As with every show some old friends were not there, but I could remember conversations and time shared in the past almost like it was in the present.

Lots of memories at Blade Show!

davidm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 03:53:22 PM »

Ed,
Very sorry I missed this one!  Sad 
David 
PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 01:23:34 AM »

but on the downside there was this.

The poster says it all.

If you see or hear anything please contact Ed Fowler:
eafwb@wyoming.com

You can have anything You want in Life, as long as you?re willing to pay the Price.

Pallavicini

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 05:28:04 PM »

I confess I'm very sorry and disappointed that this happened. I really didn't think that thieves would patronize the Blade Show.
I do hope you manage to find the knife and punish the perpetrator.

Alfredo Pallavicini
PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 04:44:05 PM »

William "Willie" Sutton (June 30, 1901 - November 2, 1980) was a prolific U.S. bank robber. For his talent at executing robberies in disguises, he gained two nicknames, "Willie the Actor" and "Slick Willie."

An urban legend

Sutton is famously (and probably falsely) known for answering a reporter, Mitch Ohnstad, who asked why he robbed banks by saying, "because that's where the money is."

Don't be surprised that thieves would frequent a knife show to add to their collection, or to simply sell their swag for a profit.

Ed Fowler
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 02:57:56 AM »

The theft is one of two I have had taken in over 30 years of shows. That is great testament to the citizens of the world of knives, 99.999% of our family are honest decent folks. I spent a lot of time with that knive and got to love her dearly, I feel like a child has been abducted. I do not miss the money, but feel concern for her safety.

I thank all for your concern and look forward to making another.l

RAD

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 02:56:47 PM »

Ed I just found out about this on one of my other forums .
So sorry to hear about this .
We will be on the lookout on other forums as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: