Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A High performance Huber  (Read 7762 times)
Ed Fowler
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« on: December 26, 2007, 08:28:52 PM »

These first photos display a Huber that went to honest work and proved the potential of her sisters. She looks to be in good shape, note no chips out of the blade.

With close up photos we get a few hints to her service to man.

In the above photos you can see evidence that she did not live a life of ease. The hammer dents on her spine were not from a single incident, the patination on some is older than others. Her top clip also knew some tough times.

More photos to follow

Note the knife cut in the ricasso of the blade and in the guard. If this was in fact a knife cut you can bet the man holding the knife shed some blood and maybe left a finger or more at the scene of the drama.

The tip of the blade has some interesting striations that I cannot explain, it may be some tracks that you had to be there to understand.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 11:10:34 AM by Ed Fowler » Logged

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
Bruce Evans
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 08:54:06 PM »

If you look at the guard in this picture from the other thread you will see that it has a "canoe" shaped or pointed oval guard,This was more traditional and actually makes me think more that it was modified with holes on the ends for tying to a saddle or in a combat...The owner may have just shortened the points off to make it fit into a different sheath,I just cant figure out why it looks like a hole with the top side broke off and left ruff,If a guy wanted it modified for comfort you would think he would have smoothed off the sharp points,It looks like this Bowies guard is smaller in length than the one in the picture below.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 09:09:21 PM by Bruce Evans » Logged

The soul of the Knife begins in the Fire!!!!!

" How to forge a frontier style Tomahawk" DVD available from me now.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Jump to: