Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hunting Puma  (Read 3762 times)
radicat
Trade Count: (0)
« on: October 27, 2007, 11:44:26 PM »

Don't we Americans love word games. No, not the animal Puma, but the knives. There are some knife manufacturers overseas that deserve respect. Puma is one. For a while now I've been wondering why I haven't been able to find a web site for them.  Do a Google search on "puma knives"  and all you get is a few dealers all claiming to have the best selection of Puma knives.

Well, I knew that if there were a Puma factory site it would be interesting. After spending considerable time in setting up a page to enable knife enthusiasts of different languages to decipher one another's sites, I was trying out some of the language tools. It dawned on me that I'd never thought to search "messer puma", the
German name for knife. To my surprise I found the factory site that includes an English version.

This may not be news to some of you. But, sometimes you can be very close to the right web address and still not find what you want. Jot this down somewhere because many of the knives on their site don't make it over here, even in advertising.   http://www.pumaknives.de/   

Ever wonder if Puma makes custom knives? This one is described as Nettlich Unikat Giraffenbein. It's made by one of their designers, Jans Nettlich. 64 layer (all carbon steel), giraffe bone and Satine wood, 2,000 euro,
bronze hardware.
I found this photo on a site of a German authorized Puma dealer. http://www.pumanet.de

* 000002.jpg (8.37 KB, 450x130 - viewed 351 times.)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 12:05:31 AM by radicat » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: