Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: After 8 years my name came up on my waiting list.  (Read 46 times)
Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« on: December 06, 2017, 03:07:40 PM »

My EDC is shown here with my brand new EDC, you can see that my my old knife lost a little over 1/4 inch due to wear and sharpening.

I was going to work down the handle some more, but decided I like it and will work with it for a while before any more major decision are made.

Kind of  fun making your own knife once in a while.

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
byron
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 06:07:54 PM »

Congratulations Ed on your new knife. I know you will get many years of good use from it. I sure do enjoy mine. BYRON

BYRON M.
mreich
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 08:48:48 AM »

She's got some nice curves, Ed! I know one's new, and one's old, but the new one appears noticeably more refined. 

It's hard to believe that you are still advancing your art, knife by knife. Nobody does that.

Look at all the guys (I'm not going to name names) who have been making knives for several decades. Many reached their zenith after a couple decades, then just kept on making the same knives.

Sure, the knives are still nice, but I feel sorry for them. They lost their passion. Some have hired help, and now they basically make production knives, with a twist thrown in once in a while.

I admire your ability and drive for constant quality improvement. I hope to reflect that trait for the rest of my career. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: