Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Blade Show 2017 & other  (Read 80 times)
davidm
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2017, 07:04:59 PM »

I would enjoy hearing about Blade Show 2017 if Ed or anyone would care to share their experience, for some of us that didn't make it this time around.   Any knife photos too?  Hope everyone had a good one!

My youngest son and I have been enjoying a new hobby this year- shooting handguns. Ive stayed away from guns for most of my life, for safety reasons. But he likes them, so we've bought a few and are learning to shoot. My gun of choice is the Smith & Wesson 9mm, 5906. It is older, and very smooth trigger and has low recoil, which helps my aim!  We can only dream of the freedom to go outside on your doorstep and and shoot on our own property like some of you can do.  But, being "city folks" we have to obey the rules. So, we make occasional trips to a shooting range, 20 miles away. And, there are only paper targets!  We still have fun with it.
Hello to all of you that  I didn't get to see at the show this year.
Best wishes my friends,
David    

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 07:27:42 PM by davidm » Logged
davidm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 07:10:09 PM »

Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 08:28:26 AM »

Hello David:
Good t hear from you again, looks like your son and you have a lot of good times ahead, that S&W looks like a beauty!

I did not get to go to Blade this year, my Doctor said NO, I just finished therapy for cancer and am now waiting for a few weeks to see what happens next. This was the second Blade Show I have missed in over 30 years, really missed the show.

Chris did well, sold all the knives we had on the table, I had some finished up and he had some of his own knives. Maybe some of the other members will make some comments?

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
davidm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 03:21:03 PM »

Hi Ed!
I'm very sorry to hear the cancer news. I pray your treatments will be successful and your health will improve. I always look forward to seeing you at Blade Show, and it would not be the same without you. You are a one-of-kind Ed!

I'm glad all your knives sold with Chris and it was a good show for him.

I posted photos of one of your old Camp knives on bladeforum here recently, I found for sale  -  if you might remember it.  The story was told to me you made it for a lawyer, John H. in lieu of payment for legal work.

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/ed-fowler-camp-knife.1500887/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: