Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from Spain  (Read 386 times)
ArtesaniaHerreros
Artesania Herreros - Handmade and custom spanish and classical folding knives
Trade Count: (0)

Crafting my folding knives since 1973

View Profile WWW
« on: July 16, 2018, 10:03:04 PM »

Good day guys,

My name is Josť Herreros from Spain, on the first place let me thank you guys for letting me be part of your community! I will try to be an active member of your community!

As the titles says I come from Spain. I own a website that can be access from www.artesaniaherreros.es/en/. I did my best translating it but apologizes for the mistakes you are about to read.
I have been crafting folding knives from more than 40 years, now that I am about to retire I would like to show the rest of the world my creation.

Unfortunately, the new technologies are not my thing, I made a three-month course and my kids are helping me with the photos, website, etc. I have no photos of my old and fancy creations that's why I am starting with really basic folding knives, I will try to have my website updated from time to time.

Thanks a lot for giving me the opportunity to join the forum guys, I will try to help and answer everything I could from my experience,
P.S: let me show you a glimpse of my work, I have attached a few images of it.

Best regards,

Josť

You can visit my website on www.artesaniaherreros.es (Spanish) - If you have any inquiry or you are interested in any product do not hesitate to message me, I ship worlwide.
Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 02:39:50 AM »

Welcome to KTO Jose, your work is refreshing to my eyes. Obviously you have used them to come up with your designs.  What steel do you use and do you do your own heat treating?

I greatly look forward to sharing thoughts about knives with you.

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
ArtesaniaHerreros
Artesania Herreros - Handmade and custom spanish and classical folding knives
Trade Count: (0)

Crafting my folding knives since 1973

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 08:31:39 PM »

Welcome to KTO Jose, your work is refreshing to my eyes. Obviously you have used them to come up with your designs.  What steel do you use and do you do your own heat treating?

I greatly look forward to sharing thoughts about knives with you.

Hi Ed! thanks a lot mate!

I use 440 and ACX38 steel for my inox blades, but I also use XC75 for my carbon blades. But recently I have contacted my local Takefu supplier and I think I will be making damasteel, damascus and VG-10 folding knives soon! I have always liked the idea of combining something classic with an exotic touch!

Regarding the heat treating, yea, I do it on my own forge Wink

You can visit my website on www.artesaniaherreros.es (Spanish) - If you have any inquiry or you are interested in any product do not hesitate to message me, I ship worlwide.
Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 04:46:54 PM »

The age old question on this forum is "How do you test the  performance qualities of your knives?

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: