Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: RohdeEdge- First Try at a Video  (Read 583 times)
Daniel Rohde (D-Vision)
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 25, 2016, 07:12:45 PM »

Hey Guys!

I just thought I'd share this new video I made, it's nothing to great and not to fancy....I don't even make a etched blade!......but I though you might like watching it anyway.

It's not really meant to be a "How-to" video but more of just a promotional video...I guess Wink

Comments and critique welcomed!

Not really sure if those "links" are working so here is the actul link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99XGWgRlVL0&feature=em-upload_owner    

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:19:12 PM by Daniel Rohde (D-Vision) » Logged

Consistent, Repeatable Performance is the goal
http://www.rohdeedge.com/
Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 08:44:53 AM »

Great job on the video Daniel, you have made some great equipment and use it very efficiently.

Thanks for sharing your time and experience with us.

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
Joe Calton
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 09:08:36 PM »

great video d!!!

Id like to see you try 2 things a bit differently. one is to make a swing away rest for profiling on the wheel. if you watch while you are profiling on the wheel, your hands are fighting keeping the blade in position on the wheel a lot, and if you were to add a simple rest there, it would save a lot of stress on your hands and wrists, and let you profile much faster, safer and more efficiently.

the other thing is the blocks on your drill press. as much as they are shifting around, that is just asking for the bit to grab the blade and bite you. if you raise your table then it will give much more solid support. or if the table is a pain to raise, then grab a big block of wood and drill on that. also might see what you can do to come up with a stop that you can brace the blade against, so if the bit does grab the blade, then the stop takes the hit and not your fingers.

but that is a really really nice video!!!

Performance Above All Else!!

http://caltoncutlery.com/home.html
Daniel Rohde (D-Vision)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 12:34:10 PM »

Great job on the video Daniel, you have made some great equipment and use it very efficiently.

Thanks for sharing your time and experience with us.
Thanks Ed! Its a lot of fun to be able to make knives with the tools I have made...makes it just that much more rewarding!

(FYI: the Kiln and both grinders are the main tools I have actually made)

great video d!!!

Id like to see you try 2 things a bit differently. one is to make a swing away rest for profiling on the wheel. if you watch while you are profiling on the wheel, your hands are fighting keeping the blade in position on the wheel a lot, and if you were to add a simple rest there, it would save a lot of stress on your hands and wrists, and let you profile much faster, safer and more efficiently.

the other thing is the blocks on your drill press. as much as they are shifting around, that is just asking for the bit to grab the blade and bite you. if you raise your table then it will give much more solid support. or if the table is a pain to raise, then grab a big block of wood and drill on that. also might see what you can do to come up with a stop that you can brace the blade against, so if the bit does grab the blade, then the stop takes the hit and not your fingers.

but that is a really really nice video!!!
Thanks Joe! Not that great of a video but it was fun! I hope to maybe do more, also maybe more instructional videos or just testing videos but this was fun to get my feet wet.

Yes, a swing table for profiling would be nifty, not really sure how I would rig it but could probably figure somthing out. In the video I tried to get a good angle for the camera and that's partly why it was shaking some....usually I can profile a lot fast but then it would be hard to get a good angle with the camera, I also use the platen usually.

I'll try to fix that with drill press, didn't really notice it actually, a stop is probably a good idea though I haven't ever had a problem, but I could so it would be a smart idea.

Thanks Guys! it was a kind of fun project anyway....I'll have to make one with etched blade next;)
DR...

Consistent, Repeatable Performance is the goal
http://www.rohdeedge.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: