Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Anything and Everything ?  (Read 21089 times)
Radicat
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2013, 09:42:14 PM »

This is all I have to say.    

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:38:21 AM by Radicat » Logged
RAD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 05:10:12 AM »

Very nice read .
Thank you for sharing .
Sounds like you need a little R&R.
larnotlars

If everyone knows IT, IT likely ain't true.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 05:33:41 PM »

Thanks for the supply link! I hate running a google search and then having to go through endless lists of pretty knives or tangents to find what I am looking for!

Ever since I took up forging, I have noticed that I am much less likely to hit my thumb with the hammer! 8-$
RAD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 05:07:33 AM »

The Exit-tool is one great invention .
Can not wait to see how far this invention will go.
Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 10:44:29 PM »

That is a gold mine Clay, thanks!!

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
mreich

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 10:17:54 AM »

Thanks a bunch for the awesome links, Radicat!

Much appreciated!
Ed Fowler
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 10:11:34 PM »

I just read where a Wyo. senator was in on the deal. Can't believe it, wonder who greased his pockets?
I just hope the House has more sense than the Senate.

I wonder where the "sales tax" revenue will go?

As far as Amazon is concerned I just ordered several items at once - figuring I would save on shipping costs. Turns out each item came from another source with individual shipping and then Amazon wanted to know what I thought of their shipping containers!!

Too bad we are so impotent when it comes to government and big business.

larnotlars

If everyone knows IT, IT likely ain't true.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 09:32:54 PM »

Isn't this a way to say,

"But, I like it better when I have the advantage over brick & mortar..."

When Ohio had a 0.05 deposit on soda cans Coke and Pepsi had 2-3 commercials  each hour on TV talking about how the "tax" robbed consumers. When the deposit was repealed, all the soft drinks went up in price by $0.05 a can...

Ebay will do it's damnest to protect Ebay. If they can pretend that they are protecting me to get me to act on their behalf, they will.

If you are against sales tax, that is one thing, but to apply it selectively is a bad policy.

Ever since I took up forging, I have noticed that I am much less likely to hit my thumb with the hammer! 8-$
Dennis Mashburn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 12:27:24 PM »

I do not think it would make a very good grinder for knifemaking.

It runs way to fast
uses odd size belts
You would need to remove a bunch of guard and probably modify it
it appears to be 3 phase 230 volt if I read that right
Doesn't seem to be versitile

That just my thinking.  It could work, but there are many much better choices.

"Saying guns kill people is like saying pencils cause mis spelled words."
                                                         Larry the Cable Guy
It's hard to soar with the Eagles when you work with a flock of Turkeys.
mreich

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 09:48:40 AM »

Once you've used a 2x72 that was made for making knives, you will easily be able to tell if it's a "knife machine".

Big industry, like the automotive industry, uses the vast majority of industrial grinders. I can't imagine all their different uses, but if you look at Burr King or Kalamazoo for example, they hardly make any machines for knives. They make a bunch of machines that I have no idea what they do.

The one Radicat linked to is one that is obviously specialized for grinding tubing. That could be used for a whole bunch of things that are made from round tubing, most of which, knife guys would never think of.

There are plenty of great machines designed for making knives.
Ed Fowler
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 08:19:31 AM »

That is one interesting knife in your link, I have never seen one like it. I also like the other images you have posted.

It just goes to illustrate how wide and varied the innovations of the knife community are. Our limitations of design are only limited by our lack of experience and imagination. Simply consider some of the knives made prisoners in "high security" prisons. There are also excellent examples from what are considered undeveloped countries or areas all over the map.

When we look at the knives of history we find them made from sea shells, jaw bones, spent cartridge cases, wood and anything else available.

The creative craftsman driven by need knows no bounds.

Ed Fowler
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 10:39:09 AM »

I just received this from a fellow knife maker who does a lot of research. Many of us in the older generation have "suffered from ADHD all our lives and somehow lived through it. Now it seems the Father of ADHD has come out of the closet and let what he claims the truth for all.

Gotta Love it!!

Father of ADHD Admitted in Final Interview That Disease Was ?Fictitious?
Posted on May 25, 2013 by Bradlee Dean   
?ADHD is a prime example of a fictitious disease.?
Dr. Leon Eisenberg at the Julius Richmond 90th Birthday Symposiu

These were the words of Leon Eisenberg, the ?scientific father of ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder),? in his last interview before his death.
Leon Eisenberg made a luxurious living off of his ?fictitious disease,? thanks to pharmaceutical sales. Coincidentally, he received the ?Ruane Prize for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Research. He has been a leader in child psychiatry for more than 40 years through his work in pharmacological trials, research, teaching, and social policy and for his theories of autism and social medicine,? according to Psychiatric News.
Yes, it was even admitted that they are his THEORIES. The medical industry is using the guise of helping children to depersonalize and disconnect our children from a healthy, normal upbringing. Parents are placing their children on these drugs and subjecting them to what the world has to offer, when in fact all these children are looking for is their parents in hopes of being the blessing that God intended them to be.
In the United States, 1 out of 10 boys among 10-year-olds takes medication for ADHD on a daily basis ? with increasing tendency. And with the help of Teen Screen surveys in public schools, they are attempting to set up the student for the fall.
American psychologist Lisa Cosgrove and others reveal the facts in their study ?Financial Ties between DSM-IV Panel Members and the Pharmaceutical Industry.? They found that ?Of the 170 DSM panel members 95 (56 percent) had one or more financial associations with companies in the pharmaceutical industry. One hundred percent of the members of the panels on ?Mood Disorders? and ?Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders? had financial ties to drug companies.?
And they are reaping major benefits off of this ?fictitious disease.? For example, the assistant director of the Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit at Massachusetts General Hospital and associate professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School received ?$1 million in earnings from drug companies between 2000 and 2007.?
Marc-Andr? Gagnon and Joel Lexchin, a long-time researcher of pharmaceutical promotion, performed a study which shows that the U.S. pharmaceutical industry spent 24.4 percent of the sales dollar on promotion, versus 13.4 percent for research and development in 2004. That is almost twice as much money on pushing their drugs on the people than research to make sure it is safe!
This raises the following question: Are they safe?
Read the antidepressant black-box warning for yourselves, and you will be alarmed by the side effects listed on the inserts:

Confusion
        Depersonalization
        Hostility
        Hallucinations
        Manic reactions
        Suicidal ideation
        Loss of consciousness
        Delusions
        Feeling drunk
        Alcohol abuse
        Homicidal ideation

Why would any parent subject their children to drugs with such dangerous side effects?
Dr. Edward C. Hamlyn, a founding member of the Royal College of General Practitioners, in 1998 stated, ?ADHD is fraud intended to justify starting children on a life of drug addiction.?
The ?attention deficit? lies in the responsibility of the parents, not the child. Scripture tells us that the parent is to ?train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6),? not the other way around.
To take it a step further, the video below explores what is being overlooked ? namely, the alarming studies linking antidepressants to mass murder:

Truth...............it's the only thing people don't believe.

Ed Fowler
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 11:35:23 AM »

I just received this today, good information, hope you don't need it, but if you do you can save a life.

http://ahsc.arizona.edu/node/730

Ed Fowler
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 12:57:15 PM »

This is a test of sorts, I ask that you watch this professional "documentary" on Viking Swords with a critical eye and tell me what is missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nXbLyVpWsVM
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 04:36:59 PM by Ed Fowler » Logged

billy brewton

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 06:06:18 AM »

I didn't notice any testing of the blade
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: