Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gun Control  (Read 23692 times)
Radicat
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2012, 05:01:54 PM »

After reviewing this board, it's clear to me that those of us who have the balls to carry a gun are expected to help the wimps who hate guns when they are being attacked. I think it's nature's way to weed out the gene pool by letting them practice what they preach.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:56:27 PM by Radicat » Logged
davidm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 06:06:04 PM »

I work for a school system. We have an armed school sro, at the two middle schools where i teach.  What is surprising to me, and the recent tragedy brings to mind, our own state policy about confronting the armed intruder. The instructional video shown, demonstrating the "by the book" response is for the office staff to lock their doors and be in contact with law enforcement, having a school map on the ready to assist, but in a communication role only. And not confronting the shooter. Waiting on back up to arrive before they perform any response that confronts the armed person. This includes the onsite police officer, waiting for a team of two or three to assist in a patrol sweep.
In the video they show yearly, coming out of the NC ed. headquarters in Raleigh, it is well over 15 minutes before the police are shown to arrive. And, first briefed before confronting the intruder. It seems like an eternity when there are these situations. I would think the answer would be more armed permits for office personnel, concealed or otherwise. And, not needing to wait on backup to arrive.

With that said, i am in favor of an assault weapons ban, for all non-military personnel.  The most popular selling gun is the type of assault rifle used in this latest crime. It is too easily obtained and used for these mass killings.

Today i was late getting to work. Traffic was slow, there was an accident just ahead, on the road.  It was a sixth grade boy i found out later who was hit and killed, chasing after his school bus in the dark at 6:30am. Imagine the guilt and grief of his parents.. Any stories like these are heartbreaking to hear, w/ innocent children involved.
RAD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 09:02:35 PM »

Heavy topic so not going to get to political.
I carry a firearm 95 percent of the time.
I do not own a AR type sporting rifle I have but do not enjoy shooting them.
I had much rather shoot a lever action Winchester.
With all of that being said banning that type,of,rifle is not the answer .
If someone is going to do a crime like this they will get the weapon one way or the other.

If there is a store that has a sign no firearms allowed mine is left in the car.
Do you think the one that opens fire in one of these places left his in the car.
All the store has done is unarmed me from defending myself against the bad guy.
PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 07:52:49 AM »

I like Chris Rock's solution, raise the price of bullets to $5,000. each.   8^)

Seriously, when I lived in Texas and was allowed to carry a gun, I did.
Do I feel the need to carry a gun in NYC? No.
I'm a Liberal Democrat, I believe in the Constitution and Freedom of choice.
I believe your freedom ends where my nose begins.
I don't believe in Gun Control, but I agree with David "i am in favor of an assault weapons ban, for all non-military personnel."

I do not believe that President Obama wants to take the guns out of everyone's hands.
I think Democrats and Republicans are greased equally as well by the NRA lobyists.

You can have anything You want in Life, as long as you?re willing to pay the Price.
So, figure out what price there is to pay, and Pay It.

Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 09:35:50 AM »

When I see a store that has a sign baring guns, I simply go elsewhere, or if I must enter simply ignore the sign. My interpretation of these signs is " Unarmed Victims Present".

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
mreich

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 11:03:21 AM »

Where do you draw the line about what constitutes an "assault weapon"? Magazine capacity? Semi-auto? How about color? Everyone knows black guns are just too dangerous.

The thing is, you can't. It's an asinine moniker.

If they take one of your guns, it's only a matter of time before they have them all. Next, they will take your knives.

That's right boys, you give the government the power to start confiscating guns, and as soon as they have made the decision for you that your black gun is too dangerous, they will decide pistols are too dangerous. Of course, your shotgun is just too lethal to be floating around. Suddenly knives are too dangerous.

Look at how quickly this BS happened in Australia.

Look at Europe.

You are talking about something that was second in importance, after the freedom of speech, to the people who wrote the Constitution. Even back then, they immediately determined how insidious "gun control" was, and that an un-armed population can be herded just like cattle. Kinda like the Jews were.

I have a black gun. Do you think they are going to buy it back from me for the $5k I have in it, or would they find it easier to just take it? I've got news for them. It won't be easy. It's something I'm willing to kill or die for.

It's not an assault weapon. It's a prairie dog population control mechanism. The best of it's kind.

Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 04:23:45 PM »

I am not in favor of laws against "Assault Weapons". if it goes bang I like it and will defend the right of anyone who either already owns on or wants to own one to have it.

I do wish they would remove the restrictions on full automatic firearms, If that spineless twerp had used one he would have run out of ammo before he could have killed that many kids.

I am absolutely opposed to the promotion of "Tactical" firearms and knives. I fully realize these images of"tactical"  firearms and knives increase the market for the fantasy warriors, but at what cost to  our freedoms in the future?

When a member of the knowledgeable knife community sees these preposterous designs we laugh. The Fantasy warrior sees victory and heroism, the timid feel fear, the problem is the timid vote and we loose another freedom.

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
RAD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 08:42:40 PM »

Well said Mr Fowler.
davidm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »

Sometimes laws are necessary to protect, for the common good. That is ultimately how i see it.
You may recall this news story:
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2011/08/02/swedish-man-builds-nuclear-reactor-in-his-kitchen/
Dennis Mashburn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 10:27:28 PM »

I will have to agree with what Ed said in his post.  I am not against banning any guns.  I think banning one type of gun would lead to banning more types of guns until only the bad guys have them.

I do not own an assult rifle and don't see that I need one.  I do know probably 20 people that do own them and none of them are hunters shooters or outdoormen.  I figure there probably are lots of guys that own them that are real gun guys though and they should be able to keep them.

Pot, crak, cocaine, heroin and so on were made illegal to keep them off the streets.  Hows that workin out.

"Saying guns kill people is like saying pencils cause mis spelled words."
                                                         Larry the Cable Guy
It's hard to soar with the Eagles when you work with a flock of Turkeys.
RAD

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 07:40:48 AM »

I have hung out at my local gun shop all week.
This shop is owned by a Shepard in my church.
I also help him out a little .
Guns have flown off his shells all week .
A police officer bought the last AR he had .
All sales including knives have been up.

There is a big part of these buyers, are buying simply Because they do not want to be victims.
Further this be in there own home or out at a restaurant a mall etc.

To ban any style of gun will not solve a thing .
We have had mass shootings and killings from Schools to movie theaters .
These ass tards are going to get there hands on whatever they need to pull off such crimes.

You could get a grasp on Pearl Harbor even 911 you know why it happened .
But this was just so f"-&d up and sorry for the language.
So if you ban one gun more will follow .Then the only people that will have them are these ass tards.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 04:22:27 PM by RAD » Logged
PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 01:30:01 PM »

Pot, crak, cocaine, heroin and so on were made illegal to keep them off the streets.  Hows that workin out.

It's working out Great, for the people that Sell Illegal Drugs and those responsible for Stopping Illegal Drugs. It's Big Business on both sides, and you and I pay for it with our taxes.

The American Public are a bunch of Suckers. We've know that Prohibition in any form hasn't work since the Roaring Twenties. We're now at the point where Legal Drugs kill more Americans than Illegal Drugs. So much for the Protection of the People.

If any form of Gun Restrictions get passed, just watch who makes the money. Do you want to guess who is going to Pay for it?    Sucker!

You can have anything You want in Life, as long as you?re willing to pay the Price.

PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 03:28:10 PM »

I would venture to say that illegal drugs kill far more people than guns do.  

I'd say you venture to GUESS that illegal drugs kill far more people than guns do. 

Now if we're Guessing, how man Less Gun Related Deaths would there be if those Illegal Drugs weren't Illegal?

It would be like trying to guess how many Gun Related Deaths would not have happened during Prohibition, if Alcohol wasn't illegal. I'd be willing to guess that the Thompson Sub-machine gun saw an increase in sales due to bootleggers, rum runners and gangster's purchases.

I see it as all inter-related.

Now the latest scuttle butt, is Armed Guards at All Schools. Geeez that sounds like it could get expensive. Anybody want to guess who is going to foot the bill for all of those guns and guards?   Go ahead, guess.  Sucker.

RAD

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 04:21:15 PM »

I have a 8yr old in 3rd grade more than happy to pay for armed guards.

The world is full of what if -should have -could of would of.

These kids that were murdered could not in anyway protected themselves.
But if one teacher there was armed or possibly a armed guard .
The death toll might have been a lot lower .
That a am willing to pay for .
Sucker,
PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 04:48:47 PM »

I don't have any kids in school, and I'd rather not pay for these armed guards. I'm not at all sure that's the answer. I'm all for paying qualified teachers more, but I don't want to buy them guns either.

I?m not a member of the NRA, and I?m not up on what in the way of Gun Rights it?s members are looking for.

So, as a way of education maybe you can explain to me where you stand.
Is everyone allowed to own and carry a gun, whenever and whereever they want?
Can I carry any kind of gun or rifle I want?
Does this include ?assault weapons??
How about bazookas, rocket launchers, anti tank guns?
Everyone can carry whatever they want, without restrictions?
So, if I wanted to carry a rig like Roy Rogers, with two stag handled Colts, and a Thompson sub-machine gun for any unforseen emergencies and bandoleers of ammunition like Pancho Villa, I could?
And everyone could walk around armed to the teeth all the time?
This would become the norm?
And this would cut down on gun violence?

Hmmmmm, I must admit I do have a problem trying to figure out how this would all work out.

But, I?m sure you NRA members and Pro Gun Advocates will have the answers for me.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 04:53:50 PM by PhilL » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: