Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tuesday is Election Day - Vote Early, Vote Often, But Vote!  (Read 7409 times)
PhilL
Administrator
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2012, 08:08:36 AM »

I'm looking forward to them just for the entertainment value.
This is not a Political Forum. Everyone has the right to choose the candidate that best represents their interests.

For the record I'm a Liberal Democrat, that voted for President Barack Obama.
Although I think he did as well as he could in his first term, under the circumstances, I will not be voting for him this year.

Where do you stand, and why?

Remember friends can disagree and still be friends.    

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 06:32:26 AM by PhilL » Logged

You can have anything You want in Life, as long as you?re willing to pay the Price.
So, figure out what price there is to pay, and Pay It.

Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 02:50:17 PM »

PhilL: The last presidential debate I paid any attention to was between Ronald Regan and I can't remember who else.  I figured he did great! I voted for him every time he ran.

I do wish they would let the debates be honest debates rather than what I read about their structure. I still feel we will never know what is really happening behind the scenes and do not feel the debates can be so constructed to honestly let the candidates go head to head.

As for entertainment value, I really can't provide an honest estimate.

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 04:14:08 PM »

I think the "entertainment value" is built into the debate. The popular election is a popularity contest and basically comes down to "Who Do You Trust?". It's a One-On-One, Face-To-Face confrontation of the two people who want to be President. They can practice and they can be coached on what to say and how to say it, but there's something that can't be concealed. Something about them that will be revealed.

I think of it as a boxing match, who is going to land the first punch and was there a knock-out. The first Presidential Debate I actually watched was the Kennedy - Nixon debate, where I saw JFK as the definite winner. JFK was cool calm, charming. Nixon was rodent like, he needed a shave and there was a drop of sweat glistening just below his lower lip. He was sweating! If he was sweating on a stage facing JFK, what would he look like facing Krushev?

The funny thing is the people who heard the debate on radio thought that Nixon won. Nobody who watched it on tv could possibly think Tricky Dick won. It probably cost him the election. JFK scored the knockout.

I wouldn't miss one of these debates. The candidate I pledged my vote to has no chance of winning. He's just the best candidate and the best man.

You can have anything You want in Life, as long as you?re willing to pay the Price.

davidm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 04:28:02 PM »

http://2012election.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004491

http://www.isidewith.com/

Online quizes
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:38:02 PM by David Mullikin » Logged
Ed Fowler
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 10:11:55 AM »

Very interesting David, thanks for posting it up. A chance to think about where we are.

PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 10:49:24 AM »

Yes, I agree interesting, but doesn't really answer my questions;

1. Are you Interested In and Looking Forward To the Presidential Debates?

2. Where do You stand, and Why?

I took both quizes and the results were about the same the Libertarian candidate, who is not going to be a part of the Presidential Debate, neither is the candidate I've pledged to vote for.

davidm

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 12:52:47 PM »

Phil,
This is a very polarizing subject, my intent was not to open the can of worms about what we think of candidates or platforms. Ofcourse everyone will have their own opinions.
PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 01:13:54 PM »

Phil,
This is a very polarizing subject, my intent was not to open the can of worms about what we think of candidates or platforms. Ofcourse everyone will have their own opinions.

David, you didn't "open the can of worms" I did!
I don't think it is a "can of worms", it's a topic of discussion that will affect all of our lives.
I want to know what people think and WHY?Huh

If everyone has a opinion, may I have yours?

Or, does nobody have an opinion?
Or, is nobody interested in the Presidential Debates?

If that's the case then I find that very, very sad.

Again, the question comes up, "What's the Biggest Problem in the world today...Ignorance or Apathy?"

Ed Fowler
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 03:34:34 PM »

I sided with the libertarian candidate on both quizzes.

Will I vote - Yes. and you can guess who for-  Romney, just because to me he is the least of the evils.

I believe both candidates will use weasel words in order not to loose votes.

I don't have TV so it is really  a moot question for me.

PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 05:50:01 PM »

I sided with the libertarian candidate on both quizzes.

You could of course Vote Libertarian, or Write In your Real Choice.

Harold Locke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 05:43:26 AM »

Gentlemen,

Used to vote Democrate when I was younger. Since Regan I voted Republican. Both quizzes scored Libertarian's and Goode were Johnson were closest to my opinions.

As far as the Presidential debates will record and review later. Not expecting to hear the things that need to be addressed in this match off. As of now I too am voting Romeny.

PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 05:55:12 AM »

Both quizzes scored Libertarian's and Goode were Johnson were closest to my opinions.

As of now I too am voting Romeny.

Harold, the same suggestion I made to Ed, Why Not Vote Libertarian?
If that's what you really believe.

Why would you vote for Rmoney?

I honestly can't figure out why anyone who is not rich would vote Republican.
As far as Rmoney goes, I can't forget the fact that John McCain chose Sarah Palin over Mittens...Sarah Palin!!!!

John H Davis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 07:33:25 AM »

Because there is nothing about the Republican party that keeps (anyone) with the smarts and drive from becoming rich, including not taxing your hard earned dollars and giving them away to people to lazy to earn their own pay check; to get votes. The welfare programs of today inherently keep people from working and destroys their self-worth and perverts their thinking into (I deserve free money from the Government); only thing is there is no such thing as free money or (lunch).

Also they are not trying to give our Constitutional rights away to the UN.
PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 08:46:18 AM »

Because there is nothing about the Republican party that keeps (anyone) with the smarts and drive from becoming rich,

Nothing in the Democratic party prevents anyone with smarts or drive to become rich either.

The fact is that both parties are having their parties on your Tax Dollars, and You aren't invited to the Party. What I resent is the rich being taxed at a lower percentage than the middle class, and where you have huge corporations like GE paying nothing.

62% of the rich believe they should pay a higher tax then they pay now. Do you know who doesn't? Rmoney.
That by the way that is not a typo, RMONEY stands for Republican Moneyor if you prefer OUR Money, going from the Midlle Class to the RICH.

I don't see that much difference between the Democrats or the Republicans.

I agree with you about the Welfare System, it should be abolished along with the IRS and Foreign Aide and Undeclared Wars.

John, you might want to take a look at the Libertarian Party, they seem to share your views.

Ed Fowler
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 10:49:02 AM »

Years ago there was a libertarian or independent candidate I really liked what he stood for. He appeared on the ticket as I remember, could have been a write in. It may have been Ron Paul or Goldwater, I don't remember but did agree with him 99%.

I voted for him and his results were not even reported. I decided I had essentially wasted my vote.

For that reason alone I will cast my vote where it may stand a chance of making a difference.

I did love Reaganomics, he had it figured out.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: