Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 HOW TO POST PHOTOS IN YOUR POSTS  (Read 1432 times)
PhilL
Administrator
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 07, 2012, 05:16:44 PM »

Folks, I'm sorry, but we do have a problem with loading photos direct from your desktop.

We've reached our capacity for storage of photo files. Jeremy tells us the only way to get the space for new photos is to delete old photos, which we've all agreed that is something  nobody is willing to do. I hope you agree as well.

The solution is to link to photos in your thread that are already on the internet. For example Ed and I and many others use
www.picturetrail.com.

I also use
www.photobucket.com.

They are photo album sites where you can store your photos and then get the links to post here. These album sites are Free and easy to use.

If the photos are already on a website or on and album site there is a URL for that photo, (usually ending in .jpg).

To post that photo on the forums you need to HIGHLITE and COPY (Control and the C keys) the URL.
That URL is then PASTED (Control and the V keys) between bracketed [...] IMG and /IMG, in your post.
You'll see what it actually looks like in the tutorial below.

I use Picturetrail and Photobucket as my album sites, there's other good FREE album sites there's no reason to switch if you already have one that you like.

Finding the URL's for you photos should be easy to find. Picturetrail and Photobucket both give you the option to select a link that has [ I M G ]http://before the URL and[ / I M G ] after the link.
Here's what it looks like on Picturetrail, the steps should be similar on yours.

If I can help in any way let me know.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:18:38 PM by PhilL » Logged

You can have anything You want in Life, as long as you?re willing to pay the Price.
So, figure out what price there is to pay, and Pay It.

Dennis Mashburn
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 10:48:45 AM »

Thanks Phil!

I will try and figure this out tonight.

"Saying guns kill people is like saying pencils cause mis spelled words."
                                                         Larry the Cable Guy
It's hard to soar with the Eagles when you work with a flock of Turkeys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: