Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: My Baby  (Read 867 times)
B.K. Mains
HEPKA Member In Good Standing
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2012, 09:20:38 PM »

Ed showed his everyday carry he uses around the uninformed, so I thought if I could find a good picture of mine, I'd put it up. The Crosman BB gun company decided to put a knife in with their rifles for a time. Most were folders but there were a few fixed blades like this one I have. This isn't my knife but mine looks just exactly like this knife, the Crosman Blades model #934A.

The blade is two and a quarter inches and the handle is four and a quarter. The handle is made out of an extremely hard wood that my closest guess would be teak. I know that sounds strange on a knife, but it has that look and density.

The one thing I want everybody to do is take a close look at the handle. Folks, this is one very well designed handle. No matter how you hold it, there seems to be a spot to put your finger or thumb. When I first saw this knife I thought to myself, what an ugly little thing, but now that the years have rolled by and I still use it, I realize that the guy who designed it put one hell of a lot of thought into it. The moment I picked it up it just seemed to mesh with my hand. It just fit. I tried holding it several ways and it always had a welcoming grasp to share with me.

"How much?" I asked.

"5 bucks too much?"

I never even hesitated, knowing I had just picked up a new friend who would spend many hours with me.

We had a nice thread about handle shapes and designs and I was going to throw my Baby in with it, but I decided she needed her own spot on the boards. Why? Because in my opinion, this is one of the best performing handles I have ever used, bar none. This is not a pretty handle or one that follows the rules, this handle shows a maker who sought his vision of lady knife and all else didn't matter. It is made to butcher out an animal and as I can attest she works very well at the task. With blood all over your hand, and the handle, your grip is still sure.

The day I bought this little knife I also bought the culmination of a lot of thought and ideas about what a knife is and what it's supposed to be used for.......

My two cents....... Cool

BK.......

(That picture is too damn small, so here's the link, file:///C:/Users/Brian/Downloads/eBayISAPI.dll.htm#M ,

to a lot of pictures.......)

* KGrHqRpwE8Wlw5NtBPKbCu8JP60_14.JPG (1.37 KB, 64x48 - viewed 232 times.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:36:14 AM by B.K. Mains » Logged

If I had one, good knife......
Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 04:51:53 AM »

Bk:
There is a lot to like about that knife, thanks for sharing her photo and your thoughts.

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: