Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bob Ogg Folder DVD's For Sale  (Read 22757 times)
PhilL
Administrator
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: January 16, 2010, 09:04:31 PM »

?According to Bill Moran, "Bob Ogg made some of the first custom folding knives." Bob was truly a pioneer of knife making and one of the first custom knife makers in the country.?
http://www.knifeart.com/oggknives.html

In 1994 Bob's wife Nancy taped a start to finish tutorial on how Bob made his folders. This is a homemade video, it's not technically perfect, but you won't miss a step and you will probably be amazed at the tools and techniques, and how simple Bob makes the whole process.

Max Burnett is the stepson of Bob Ogg who died in 1999, his wife and Max's Mom died in 2007. Max has recently transfered the video tape to DVD's which are available directly through him.

To order, email Max Burnett at

mab537@gmail.com

The price of the DVD, shipping & handling included is only $10.00

I don't think it matters at all if you ever plan to make a folder yourself, this video is worth seeing and owning. I'm just glad Max has made them available.

For $10 don't wait, order now and tell Max you're from KTO.

PhilL

Please use this thread to post comments, critiques and questions.    

« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 10:19:44 PM by PhilL » Logged

You can have anything You want in Life, as long as you?re willing to pay the Price.
So, figure out what price there is to pay, and Pay It.

_MaxTheKnife_

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 12:09:08 AM »

Well, I finally made it here with a few tweaks on my username.

I'm still trying to figure out how to transfer VHS tapes to DVD. I had to break down and pay to get  Bob's VHS tape converted and that rankles, since I'm supposed to be computer head. But now I have a master 'copy' on DVD and can burn as many copies as I have time for. But I have many other VHS tapes of knifemaking  stuff I want transferred to DVD so the search continues. If anyone has any hot tips I'm all  ears.

PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 12:35:21 AM »

Max, welcome aboard!

Thanks for all of your hard work to make Bob's video available.
Please check the thread the Auld Lang Syne thread, you've got a couple of old friends of yours over there.

You can have anything You want in Life, as long as you?re willing to pay the Price.
So, figure out what price there is to pay, and Pay It.

Harold Locke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 12:38:43 AM »

Max,

I use several programs and a USB High Definition USB TV and capture device. The easiest and most straight forward program for making DVD from captured video is Roxio Easy DVD Creator. It isn't as versital as Adobe Primiere and Adobe Encore together but it gives excellent results.

Wow! I watched Bob and Nancy's folder making video last night just before going to sleep. And all I can remeber of my dreams was making knives and having a great time doing it.  What a trip.

I did discover the big mistakes I was making on my previous attempts at making kit folders. The first mistake was getting a kit knife. Bob sure made making folders look easy.

Max your efforts on getting the Bob and Nancy video finished and out to us is great.

Harold Locke
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:52:09 AM by Harold Locke » Logged
Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 12:14:39 AM »

I just finished watching the DVD, nice job Max and thank you!
Many makers feel you need a lot of equipment to make a knife, Bob had a lot of equipment, but he made most of it, knew it well, it was a part of him.

All of his work was done with the parts in his hands, he is the only man I know who could drill a blade holding it in his hands on a drill press table. This is one DVD that I believe is rich with the history of a man making a knife with simple but more that enough, combining the tools he had and using his skills to a level that few of us will ever develop.

The more of you that you put into your blades, the more they will be your knives. This DVD is one I would call a treasure of history in the knife community and an inspiration to makers starting out.

The price Max is asking is way too cheap - the information and experience watching Bob and his bride working together is priceless.

Thank you Max.

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
_MaxTheKnife_

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 12:07:57 AM »

Well, it's the way Bob would have wanted it. He just really hated a 'money grubber'. I'm just trying to honor him by offering this DVD to the knifemaking community as cheap as I can. It's his work after all. I'm just the fellow with what's left of his skills. Mom did the filming and Bob did the knifemaking. He taught me to make knives and to respect the process. I do.

I meant to say in my first post that if PayPal will make things easier I have an account and can take payment that way (mab537@gmail.com). But it doesn't matter to me either way. When I get an order I'll send it out the next day or as soon as possible. These things have a way or working themselves out. When I made the original VHS tapes available I was never shorted by one single knifemaker. I don't guess I've ever known a dishonest knifemaker since I got started. Anyway, I'm sure glad Phil got in touch with me. I may never have gotten off my butt and made that VHS into DVD otherwise. So thanks Phil. I'm very glad to be able to do this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: