Knife Talk Online Forums
  Home membership Help Search Calendar Members Classifieds Treasury Store Links Gallery Media Center Login Register  
Custom Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: hey guys  (Read 997 times)
Israel
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2009, 07:43:24 AM »

finally got some internet access. thought id report in let everyone know im ok.  things are going fairly well here. unfortunatly i have been sent to another area of the country and will probly not be able to practice any knifemaking. i am going to try though, maybe set up a primitive forge. but it will be a little while. the equipment that CA donated is with steve and he is working on setting up a little shop and should be getting that knife that we started finished soon.  havent met any local makers but i have seen a number of knives at the markets. the most popular seem to be the kukri and persian stlye knives. the culture here has alot of different influences so there is no one particular style it seems.  well, i guess thats all. im gonna go dig through the forum and see what ive missed.
by the way, how are things going with the low budget hepk that was being discussed?

ed- i will have that info on the knives to you in a few days.    

Harold Locke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 07:50:20 AM »

Isreal,

I have been following your HEPK adventures since you joined the forum. I hope you are able to acquire some locally made knives while you are in the theater there and meet some of the local knifemakers, should be fun. Just remember please be careful and get home back home to the U.S.

Harold Locke
PhilL
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 12:44:26 PM »

Israel, thanks for checking in and letting us know that you guys are alright.
Stay safe and thanks for your service.

Wow, can you imagine a HEPKukri with a modified Price grind?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 12:46:49 PM by PhilL » Logged

You can have anything You want in Life, as long as you?re willing to pay the Price.
So, figure out what price there is to pay, and Pay It.

Ed Fowler
Administrator
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 09:40:05 PM »

Good to hear from you Israel: I would imagine there are some historical knives waiting to be viewed where you are. Visit them any time you get a chance, there are lessons to be learned just waiting your visit.
I am looking forward to your report and thank you for gathering the information.
Stay safe and keep in touch when you can.

Ed Fowler High Performance Knives
http://edfowler.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: